Are we humans always attracted to horror things? From books, and plays to movies, it all seems impossible to fully understand what scares us the most. In this article, we’ll take a look at the definition of horror film and why we like the genre so much. To answer the question what is horror movie, please follow us to learn about this movie genre.
What Is Horror Movies?
Horror is a genre of storytelling intended to frighten, shock, and suspense audiences. Horror can be understood in many different ways, but there is usually a central villain, monster, or threat, often a reflection of the fears that society experienced at the time. So what is horror movie – Horror movie stalks viewers’ biggest fears and worst nightmares, leaving them feeling fear and adrenaline rush. Broad elements include monsters, apocalyptic events, and religious or folk beliefs. The cinematography used in horror films has been shown to stimulate the psychological response of the audience.
Features Of Horror Movies
To best understand what is horror movies, let’s take a look at some of the outstanding features of this genre.
– Theme: The horror genre often reflects the culture and what it feared at the time.
– Character Types: Besides killers, monsters, or threats, different sub-genres contain certain hero archetypes.
– Background: gothic castle, small town, outer space or haunted house. It can take place in the past, present, or future.
– Music: This is an important aspect in the horror genre. It can be used with great effect to build atmosphere and suspense.
– Actions speak louder than words, leaving the audience in suspense and thrill. The pace of the story and the action take the audience by surprise.
– Loud noises will startle viewers. The gruesome death or torture scenes with blood and liver make the audience even more worried.
Sub-Branches Of Horror Movies
What is horror movies and sub-branches of horror movies. Each theme has its own unique themes, but all share the same goal: to give the viewer a feeling of fear. In addition, we have a number of different methods and branches of horror that filmmakers can use to make their movies scary:
1. Psychological Horror: This subgenre focuses on the horror of the mind. Relying on mental and emotional fears, rather than violence or monsters, focuses on the character’s state of mind throughout the story.
2. Murder: Murder movies often focus on a serial killer. A monster or some madman looking to kill people.
3.Gore: These movies emphasize gore, violence and abhorrence, including mutilation, torture, etc. the scenes shown on the film are very detailed.
4.Found footage: Found footage is a genre of horror in which film is described as if it was “discovered” by the filmmakers rather than created by them.
5. Monster Horror: Scary monsters from science fiction and dark fantasy. For example: werewolves, vampires, aliens, seeing ghosts…
6. Bodily Horror: Closely related to gore, movies in the physical horror genre can feature scenes where the human body has been severely altered.
7. Paranormal horror: This genre is similar to monster horror, but instead of dealing with physical creatures, occult horror focuses on monsters we can’t touch — real entities. supernatural beings such as ghosts, spirits, and demons.
8. Comedy horror: Horror doesn’t always give you goosebumps — there’s a whole subset of horror movies that aim to make you laugh at the same time.
What Is The Reason For Horror Movies?
Horror movies are always a spiritual food that helps the audience to completely escape from the real world, forget about daily stresses and hardships, even if it’s just for a moment. It stirred the subconscious fears of the viewers. Simply, people always want to see the things that they are afraid of, the more afraid they are, the more they want to see, but curiosity is the oldest instinct of humans. Also, in Hollywood a lot of horror movies are built on true stories.
Good Examples Of Horror Movies
To get the answer to the question what is horror movies, we should take some examples of famous horror movies so that you have the best view of this genre.
It (2017) – The Clown is a 2017 American supernatural horror film directed by Andy Muschietti. I Am Legend (2007) – Dead City or I’m Legend is a 2007 American post-apocalyptic science fiction action film based on the novel of the same name. It: Chapter Two (2019) is the sequel to it. The Nun (2018) – The Devil is a 2018 American supernatural horror film directed by Corin Hardy and written by Gary Dauberman. Hannibal (2001) Hannibal is a 2001 American psychological crime thriller film directed by Ridley Scott. These are the top 5 recent films with the highest box office achievements.
First trailer for The NunGet the Conjuring Collection
Above is some information about horror movies to answer the question what is horror movie. Hopefully the information that Chow Down Movie Store brings to you will have the clearest view of this genre. Enjoy some of the movies we recommend above for you to explore.